By Brandon J. Koch
It’s FINALLY HERE!!
The 2018 NFL Draft is here. After months and months of talking and exchanging opinions, running polls and mocks, it’s here.
My mock on Sunday night had the Bills trading up to take USC quarterback Sam Darnold.
In my second and final mock before tonight, what could change?
1. Cleveland Browns- Baker Mayfield (QB, Oklahoma) I had a change at the top. I tip my hat off to the Browns for keeping this number one pick secret.
2. New York Giants- Saquon Barkley (RB, Penn State) Even with Darnold still on the board, I believe Gettleman is aiming to get a hall of famer.
3. New York Jets from Indianapolis Colts- Sam Darnold (QB, USC) With Mayfield going #1, that shakes up the first part of the draft.
4. Buffalo Bills from Cleveland Browns- Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA) TRADE! I had the Bills trading up to #5, now they trade up #4. It could be either Josh at this point. But, I’m going with Rosen. Could it possibly be #2 for Darnold? I think so. But I think the Giants really don’t want to trade out of that spot.
5. Denver Broncos- Quenton Nelson (OG, Notre Dame) One of the best players in the draft. They pass on Chubb.
6. Indianapolis Colts from New York Jets- Bradley Chubb (DE, NC State) I think 5-6 can swap, it could go one way or the other.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Derwin James (S, Florida State) Bucs secondary was HORRIBLE last season.
8. Chicago Bears- Roquan Smith (LB, Georgia) Best linebacker in the draft.
9. San Francisco 49ers- Tremaine Edmunds (LB, Virginia Tech) 49ers can go anywhere here. I was thinking linemen, but they need upgrades at linebacker.
10. Oakland Raiders- Denzel Ward (CB, Ohio State) Jon Gruden is very happy.
11. Miami Dolphins- Josh Allen (QB, Wyoming) Wildcard pick. I could see this.
12. Cleveland Browns from Buffalo Bills- Minkah Fitzpatrick (DB, Alabama) A defensive back who can do it all.
13. Washington Redskins- Vita Vea (DT, Washington) A terrible run defense last season drafts a major boost.
14. Green Bay Packers- Calvin Ridley (WR, Alabama) Rodgers is getting the belt out.
15. Arizona Cardinals- Leighton Vander Esch (LB, Boise State) I see them trading up, but how? They have 4 picks in this draft. And, for who?
16. Baltimore Ravens- Kolton Miller (OT, UCLA) Ravens could trade down or upgrade at o-line.
17. Los Angeles Chargers- Da’Ron Payne (DT, Alabama) A big time defensive tackle. One of my favorites.
18. Seattle Seahawks- Jaire Alexander (CB, Louisville) Richard Sherman replacement.
19. Dallas Cowboys- D.J. Moore (WR, Maryland) Bryant replacement. Another weapon for Prescott.
20. Detroit Lions- Marcus Davenport (DE, Texas-San Antonio) Patrica gets his edge rusher.
21. Cincinnati Bengals from Buffalo Bills- Frank Ragnow (C/G, Arkansas)
22. Cleveland Browns from Buffalo Bills- Mike McGlinchey (OT, Notre Dame)
23. New England Patriots from Los Angeles Rams- Lamar Jackson (QB, Louisville)
24. Carolina Panthers- Maurice Hurst (DT, Michigan)
25. Tennessee Titans- Taven Bryan (DT, Florida)
26. Atlanta Falcons- Harold Landry (Edge, Boston College)
27. New Orleans Saints- Mason Rudolph (QB, OKST)
28. Pittsburgh Steelers- Justin Reid (S, Stanford)
29. Jacksonville Jaguars- Hayden Hurst (TE, South Carolina)
30. Minnesota Vikings- Will Hernandez (G, UTEP)
31. New England Patriots-Rashaan Evans (LB, Alabama)
32. Philadelphia Eagles- Sony Michel (RB, Georgia)